Jun 23 2014
Keep your wireless network fast, reliable, and secure.
Some things improve with age, and while old Wi-Fi networks don’t fall into that category, Glenn Fleishman’s documentation of everything related to Apple’s AirPort base stations and Wi-Fi networking continues to get better.
TidBITS has released Take Control of Your Apple Wi-Fi Network, a new title that focuses on the latest tools and technologies for wireless networking, such as AirPort Utility 6 for Mac and AirPort Utility for iOS, plus Apple’s 802.11ac base stations. In this 196-page book, Glenn helps you swap in new gear for better performance, extend your network’s range with multiple base stations, add USB drives and shared printers, enable security options and guest networking, maximize throughput, and solve pesky problems. It’s an essential resource for the latest technical details and troubleshooting help.
This ebook will show you how to do the following, among much else:
- Efficiently swap in a new base station in place of an old one.
- Extend your network’s range by connecting base stations with Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi.
- Easily put visitors on the Internet with a guest network.
- Print wirelessly to a Wi-Fi- or USB-connected printer.
- Attach a USB drive to a Time Capsule or AirPort Extreme, and set up user access.
- Back up to a Time Capsule, and work with the Time Capsule’s internal drive.
- Pipe music through an AirPort Express-connected stereo.
- Discover what the icon on your Wi-Fi menu means.
- Find out what the coloured light on your base station is trying to tell you.
- Avoid annoying interference problems.
- Deal with a base station that can’t be found on the network.
Download free sample pages, buy or learn more about the book here:
Take Control of Your Apple Wi-Fi Network
Author: Glenn Fleishman | 196 pages | Version 1.0 | 2.9 MB | US$20 | Published June 18, 2014
AMUG Members: Log in to members’ area for 30% MUG discount coupon code, reducing the cost of this ebook to US$14.