Jul 29 2016
Did you know that Apple makes a powerful image editing and PDF manipulation app? And bundles it for free with every Mac? We are talking about Preview, the unassuming Clark Kent of your Mac’s bundled utilities.
In Take Control of Preview, TidBITS Managing Editor Josh Centers and Take Control Publisher Adam Engst reveal Preview’s hidden superpowers. Read this book and you’ll learn dozens of techniques for importing, viewing, editing, and converting images that you can use right away. It also puts you in control of reading, annotating, manipulating, and encrypting PDFs.
Take Control of Preview is packed with real-world examples and oodles of tips – here are just some of them…
- Import photos from your iPhone.
- Scan paper-based documents and images.
- Add a scanned page to an existing PDF.
- Take a screenshot that includes the pointer.
- Play a manually arranged slideshow of images or PDF pages.
- Resize and change the resolution of images.
- Crop out undesirable content.
- Mark up screenshots with shapes and text labels.
- Add text captions and speech bubbles to photos.
- Export to any one of 19 formats.
- Create basic animated GIFs.
- Put thumbnails, table of contents, notes, or bookmarks in your sidebar.
- Copy text and images from a PDF.
- Create bookmarks to pages you want to revisit quickly.
- Fill in PDF forms, whether or not they’re interactive.
- Create and insert a digital version of your signature into PDF forms.
- Add, remove, and rearrange pages in a PDF.
- Rotate PDF pages that were scanned at the wrong orientation.
- Encrypt PDFs so they can’t be opened, edited, printed, or copied from.
Take Control of Preview
166 pages | v1.0 | Authors Josh Centers & Adam Engst | Price US$15 | Published 19 July 2016.
AMUG Members: Log in to our members’ area for 30% MUG discount coupon code on all Take Control Ebooks. This means you can buy this book for just US$10.50 (discount takes effect at checkout).