Jan 15 2016
AgileBits has released 1Password 6 for the Mac, and TidBITS is pleased to bring you Joe Kissell’s new Take Control of 1Password, Second Edition. 1Password 6 works with 10.10 Yosemite and 10.11 El Capitan, and it is a free upgrade from 1Password 4 or 5.
The new edition focuses on 1Password 6 for Mac, as well as the latest iOS, Windows, and Android versions for those who need to access their passwords on multiple platforms. Its advice about handling passwords in today’s Internet reflects Joe’s latest recommendations, and it now has a chapter about 1Password for Teams, a new online service that can vastly improve the process of sharing passwords within a family or workgroup.
The book answers key questions, such as:
- Should I use my Web browser’s autofill feature?
- What about iCloud Keychain? Should I use that too?
- What can I do quickly to get better password security?
- Should I buy 1Password from AgileBits or the Mac App Store?
- How can I find and update weak passwords I created long ago?
- What’s the best way to work with the password generator?
- What should I do about security questions, like the name of my pet?
- How can 1Password provide a time-based one-time password (TOTP)?
- How can I access my 1Password data on another person’s computer?
- How do I initiate 1Password logins from utilities like LaunchBar?
Take Control of 1Password 2nd Edition:
174 pages | v2.0 | Author Joe Kissell | Published 14 January, 2016.
AMUG Members: Log in to our members’ area for 30% MUG discount coupon code on all Take Control Ebooks. Then check out the redesigned Take Control Books website to order this book for just US$10.50 (AUD$16.44 as at 15 Jan 2016).