May 17 2016
Overcoming Tech Misconceptions
Just as a single “flipped bit” in a piece of computer code can bring an otherwise reliable app crashing to a halt, a single misconception in your understanding of personal computing technology can cause all manner of problems — including lost data, wasted time, and frustration as you live and work in today’s increasingly digital world. In this unique title, which is packed with little-known facts and debunked beliefs, tech expert Joe Kissell untangles common confusions surrounding the high-tech products and services we all rely on every day.
Among much else, Joe delves into topics of trust, fear, privacy, security, reliability, and productivity to answer questions like these:
- Can you trust services like iCloud or Gmail, or password managers?
- How do you evaluate privacy when a Web site asks for personal info?
- How many cloud services (like Dropbox or OneDrive) do you really need?
- Are you relying on a backup strategy that may leave you in the lurch?
- Are you spending more time searching the Web than is necessary?
Take Control Books: Are Your Bits Flipped?
190 pages | v1.0 | Author Joe Kissell | Price US$15 | Published 29 April 2016.
AMUG Members: Log in to our members’ area for 30% MUG discount coupon code on all Take Control Ebooks. This means you can buy this book for just US$10.50 (discount takes effect at checkout).